CREWS resources contributes to improvement of the Government of Togo’s early warning services for drought, flooding and other severe climate and weather events by enhancing the capacities of national services in charge of: i) meteorology and climate; ii) hydrology; iii) civil protection. CREWS resources supports provision of scientific and technical expertise as well as capacity development among stakeholders and communities involved in early warning (national services, population in areas prone to floods and agricultural drought, etc.).
- Improve seasonal and sub seasonal forecasting and decision support for agriculture and pastoralism at the national level
- Develop a capacity building plan and increased capacity in climate prediction, hazard detection, monitoring, forecasting and warning, multi-hazard early warning systems, flood forecasting, climate data management, GIS and remote sensing, operational meteorology and hydrology.
- Pilot products for EWS for drought, flood and food security in selected areas
- Develop a hydrologic modelling for risk assessment and for informing early warning systems in selected urban areas
- Develop of national operational procedures for multi-hazard warning
- Vulnerability and exposure mapping of flood risk in selected urban areas