CREWS resources support the objectives of a bigger Green Climate Fund (GCF) operation therefore the objectives are aligned to improve the country’s hydro-meteorological, early warning and response systems and services in targeted areas, such as enhancing hydro-meteorological observing, monitoring and impact forecasting services, food security early warning system and flood early warning services.
The project received a commitment of US$ 8.25 million from the World Bank’s International Development Association (IDA) resources in consultation with the Government and the World Bank’s Country Management Unit.The total project size is US$ 33.5 million, including the Mali Hydromet Modernization Project, which received approval from the Green Climate Fund for $22.75 million and co- funding by CREWS resources.
- Institutional data sharing platform
- Capacity building and institutional development
- Improvement of hydromet and early warning infrastructure
- Enhancement of service delivery and warnings to communities
- Project management
- Establish a flood early warning service